Best Hiking Trails for the Adventurous Escape in Dallas
A Hiker's Paradise
Cedar Ridge Preserve
• The Trail is a Nature’s reserve located in Mountain Creek Pkwy, Dallas. This Preserve is a scenic beauty, rich in wildlife butterfly gardens, has limited picnic areas and a slice of hill country.
• It has 9 miles of hiking trails through hill country habitat.
Spring Creek Trail
• Located near Plano, Texas featuring a river, which is good for beginner to intermediate level hikers.
• This trail has 2.3 miles of winding, heavily-wooded, looping trail with a spectacular view of spring creek all around.
Texas Buckeye Trail
• The 1.6 mile Texas Buckeye Trail is located within the Great Trinity Forest in southeast Dallas is one of the most popular Trails.
• Along with hiking, picnicking or biking, the area is ideal for viewing several species of birds and other various wildlife. The trail is a beautiful adventure for all hikers.
• A 3.5 long trail running through the Uptown and Oak Lawn in the areas of Dallas, Texas. This trail includes a jogging, inline skating, walking, and bicycling path.
• It’s very famous, and there are lots of fun places to stop along the way like a fun open air beer garden.
Boulder Park Trail
• This trail is located to the north of Duncanville, at the SW corner of Hwy 67 and Red Bird Lane in Dallas.
• This place is best known for its fields, wooded areas, rocky sections, creek crossings, several climbs and twists that one craves for.
Piedmont Ridge Trail
• Do you wish to have unlimited fun within a short span of time, then this 1.3-mile trail is for you.
• Located near Dallas, Texas, this trail offers a variety of activity options, a breathtaking view of the city skyline and the forest. It’s definitely rewarding and super easy to navigate.
The Great Trinity Forest Trail
• Located in Dallas, Texas this 4.3 miles of paved trail through the forests, ponds and even a river crossing with a beautiful urban landscape.
• This short, easy trail also includes bridges through a spectrum of habitats and activities like guided walks and float trips.
White Rock Lake Trail
• White Rock Lake is a 1,015 acre city lake situated approximately 5 miles northeast of downtown Dallas.
• This 9.4-mile hike and bike trail follows the shoreline of White Rock Lake and features White Rock Lake Museum, Audubon Society bird watching area, picnic areas.
Bachman Lake Loop Park Trail
• Routing primarily along the shoreline of the Bachman Lake, located in northwest Dallas.
• This 3.1 mile Bachman Lake Park Loop Trail offers a picnic shelter, several exercise stations and the Bachman Greenbelt along with an amazing close-up view of aeroplanes landing at and taking off from Love Field Airport.
Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail
• This Nature Preserve is a 121-acre oasis of green space situated right in the middle of urban Dallas.
• This 8-mile hike and bike trail is for plant and bird enthusiasts, it has beautiful wildflowers and is especially for those who are wishing to visit a peaceful and quiet place should give this Preserve a try to connect with nature.